Logical Disk Free Space - \\?Volume{b6d51d50-dc7d-11e0-83} {Windows Server 2008 Logical Disk)

I have a lot of this Critical Errors on several machines.

I need help to troubleshoot this Criticals Alerts.

I'm running SCOM 2007 R2

June 8th, 2012 8:44pm

That odd logical disk is low on free space.  Did you override the default settings for the monitor?  Or are they at their default values?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 8th, 2012 8:55pm

Hi,

Disks like \\?Volume* are a mount points. This disks sholuld not be discovered by default, but I believe it were a one Core OS MP version whrer it was enabled by default. You need to check if the 'Mount Point Discovery Rule' disabled (and has no overrides). If you do not want to monitor this disks you need to disable the Mount Point Discovery Rule and run the remove-disabledmonitoringobject cmdlet (OpsMgr 2007) or Remove-SCOMDisabledClassInstance (OpsMgr 2012).

June 11th, 2012 5:39am

Thank you For the replay.

They are running the default value. Should I increase the logical value or just desable the rule?

Is this one of those false positives alerts?

Thank you

June 11th, 2012 5:11pm

Awesome Alexey let me double check on this.

So this alert should be desable by default in MP right?

• Edited by luis.diaz Monday, June 11, 2012 5:27 PM
June 11th, 2012 5:26pm

Awesome Alexey let me double check on this.

So this alert should be desable by default in MP right?

• Edited by luis.diaz Monday, June 11, 2012 5:27 PM
June 11th, 2012 5:26pm

Depends on if you want to monitor mount points or not.  If you want to monitor mount points then you should find out what the requirements are from your customer and adjust them accordingly.
June 11th, 2012 5:27pm

I checked and We are not doing any volume mount points. So, the big question now is.  How can I desable this rule?

Thank you Blake

June 11th, 2012 6:21pm

Hi,

I Authoring, Monitors, search for Logical Disk Free Space - right click, overrides, override the monitor, for all objects......, enable = false

Save to a new MP, not default MP

June 11th, 2012 6:30pm

Well, I don't know if that would be the best approached since it just showed the values for Non system drive or system drive. It dose not showed a value for mount point.

I just want to disable "mount Points" monitoring

Thank you dktoa

June 11th, 2012 7:08pm

I got it. I disabled the "mount Points" rule without affecting the system drives monitoring.

Thank you Blake and Alexey for the information that you guys provided me.

• Marked as answer by luis.diaz Monday, August 20, 2012 9:55 PM
June 12th, 2012 2:47pm

I got it. I disabled the "mount Points" rule without affecting the system drives monitoring.

Thank you Blake and Alexey for the information that you guys provided me.

• Marked as answer by luis.diaz Monday, August 20, 2012 9:55 PM
June 12th, 2012 2:47pm

So basically I enabled this "mount point discovery" for all objects for Windows Server 2012 Operating System

I then realized I meant to target a group of servers instead.  I disabled the rule -> ran Remove-SCOMDisabledClassInstance

However all my warnings remain for the various mount points.  No mount point discovery overrides exist at all, I have double checked.  Is there anything else I have to do to get these to clear?

June 20th, 2015 4:42pm

This ended up clearing itself out after flushing the agent cache.

However now, when I have it disabled.  I want to enable it for a particular group, I have done this and enforced it.  However it is not running on the applicable group that I targeted.  Is there anything else I might have to do for these mount points to get monitored for a particular group?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.      

June 22nd, 2015 3:43pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics